Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Frog


Diane asked what color of Rainforest yarn I'm using for the baby vest, and it's Frog. It's actually coming out quite nicely, with wide stripes. I think I'm going to do the v-neck and sleeve trim in just the white speckled color. The color changes are really long, they must have some hugely long factory to get this long of striping. I really like it though.
I took a bunch of pictures with my camera yesterday and something was all f-ed up. They all came out blue and funny looking. I spent a little time messing with the settings and someone had changed the exposure comp from +1.3 to -1.3, so the exposure was way off. I think that because I was trying not to use the flash the white balance was off too. I changed the exposure comp (Nikon cameras notoriously underexpose) and used the flash this AM and everything came out just fine. I finally got my stash updated and my WIPs too.
I bought new tubs to sort my yarn on Monday at Target. The cardboard boxes I got at IKEA weren't kid tough. The first time they sat on one it got smushed. I've been using them since I had nothing else but I got some pink tubs that are cute. The only problem is that they aren't opaque so DH will be able to see how much yarn I have. He's been blissfully innocent until now.
I'm very impatiently waiting my "welcome" package from the Lucky Lurker club. I love getting packages in the mail and I don't have any yarn ordered right now. Not that I haven't wanted to, but I just got a package Monday from LittleKnits with this so I gotta chill on the purchases for right now.
Plus school is starting and my boys needed all new pants. They still fit, but they had blown through the knees of all their jeans before school got out in June. I need to cut them off to make shorts. They also needed new shoes and 7 pairs of shoes later (2 for each boy, 3 for H.).........

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thankfully my kids are older so no back to school clothes shopping for me. Instead we hit the college book store and drop about $1500-1800 twice a year. It's the law of kids and money. If you have kids you never have money.