Monday, August 13, 2007

Mission--bust

The Mission Falls cardi I was going to knit was a bust. First off, I wasn't sure I'd have enough yarn as I didn't check to make sure of yardage, just of how many grams of yarn I needed. Stupid me. Then, it's knit in intarsia, with 5 balls going at once, I just can't handle that. Too freaking much work for me. So now I'm knitting a cute little baby vest with Opal Rainforest sock yarn that will probably take me until the kid is 10 to do, since it's sock yarn. But it's going to be cute since the yarn is self striping and quite nice if I do say so myself. I also started myself some toe up socks with Lisa Souza Sock! in Lime N Violet. I wanted to do a toe up sock for the first time, but every pattern I tried was too confusing. So I am doing the toe part of the Sock.ra.tease pattern I got with my Duets Mariners yarn, and then using the Rockin Toe Up Sock Pattern to finish the sock. I just didn't like the "after thought" heel that the Sock.ra.tease pattern used.
I gotta get to bed. I'm falling asleep on the keyboard.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Which Opal Rainforest are you using for your vest? They are all so pretty.