Monday, August 6, 2007

SP 11 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love using natural fibers. I don't much care for novelty yarns or acrylic. I'd rather have a little of good yarn than lots of cheap yucky stuff.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a needle case, and my KP storage binder.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for about 2 1/2 years. My mom taught me the basics and I taught myself the rest. I consider myself an intermediate-advanced knitter. I've never made myself a sweater but I've done some for kids.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope. But I'll work on one if you just ask.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I like things that smell fresh. Nothing flowery.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I LOOOOOOVE chocolate. And skittles :)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I've pretty much abandoned all my other craftiness to knit obsessively.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Country. And yes, I can play MP3's.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Pink. And I like all colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have 3 kids (10, 7, 3), 1 dog, 4 cats, and a husband.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves and hats, yes. Mittens and ponchos, I'll take a pass on.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks lately. I've also knit over 30 toddler hats for friends of mine.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Horcrux Socks, a baby sweater, a baby blanket, and soon some more socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I love handmade gifts. They are the best kind.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I almost exclusively use KP circulars. I knit my socks using magic loop. I do have an assortment of short bamboos for toddler hats though.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I have a winder and a swift. And I love to use them!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

I have something festering from when my 3 year old was a baby. It'll never get finished because it's acrylic.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas. I love to give gifts.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Knitting books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I'd love some Knitting Pure and Simple sweater patterns. I just got a subscription to Interweave Knits. I usually buy all the magazines though. I just love to look through them.
I just discovered Wisdom Yarns Poems online. I'd love to try it out. Oh, and Wollmeise. I'm DYING for that.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Not really. If I need to do something, I just do it. Maybe entrelac. I'm a little scared of it. And I haven't done toe up socks yet. That's on my to-do list.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I love making socks. I wear a size 9 shoe and have fat calves. If you want me to measure them just ask.

23. When is your birthday?

September 3.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

I love Ravelry. I'm a volunteer editor there. My ID is MomtoGBandH

No comments: