Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My poor neglected blog

My kids are at daycamp all week, and therefore so am I. It was 70% cheaper to help out, and H. gets to go as well if I help (otherwise she'd have to wait until she was 5). So we trudge out there every morning and get home near 4 in the afternoon. I'm just exhausted but the kids are having fun and that's what counts. Their lunches leave a lot to be desired (PBJ, PB and honey, cheese and mayo, cheese only, and the very different selection of cheese and mayo on wheat). I brought my own lunch today. Tomorrow G. needs to go to the orthodontist in the AM and I have an orthopedic surgeon appt shortly after, so we'll miss the delicious lunch. I'm planning on getting Mickey D's, which I don't even like but sounds like luxury to me.
I'm working in the "portraits" station. The kids lie down on big pieces of paper and another kid traces them. Then they color the picture to look like themselves. I have one other adult helper and 4 teens (2 boys 2 girls). They are all really nice and we've had fun. Today we didn't have any groups so I ended up helping in the bookmarks which sucked. The lady running it was really bossy with the kids. I've got my group whipped into shape. They basically do everything while I supervise (READ:KNIT). I was hoping to get my Horcrux sock done today but I had to actually help out bossy lady. Tomorrow our station has a 1 1/2 hr break after lunch so I'm going to try to go around and take some pictures.
There are probably at least 250 people at c thisamp. It's been going on for a long time and this is supposed to be the biggest camp ever. You can tell they are not completely prepared for the size.
Thursday starts at 1 PM, and the bigger kids (G.'s age) get to stay overnight. We're trying to drum up a tent so DH, B, Cee-Cee and I can stay up there too.

No comments: