Monday, October 15, 2007

Apparently.....

I upset someone with my rant about the baby sweater vest that just didn't work. The pattern was vague, and I just couldn't figure it out. So I ranted about it in my blog, which is my personal space to say any damn thing I want.
Today I got a comment about it saying that maybe I should have contacted the yarn manufacturer instead of downing them. I have a few comments back to you.
1. Why should I contact the manufacturer? Isn't it the responsibility of pattern publishers to make certain that patterns are clear to the general public? Shouldn't they be test knit by people of all skill levels to make sure instructions are easy to understand? I know that mistakes can be made but this pattern had been out for a long while. And, interestingly, it has now been removed from their website. Coincidence maybe, but I still would NOT recommend that pattern.
2. Do you honestly think that the manufacturer has any idea what the designer had in mind when the instructions read "at the same time"? The manufacturer is just publishing a free pattern and likely has no relationship with the designer to even find out that information.
3. The only badmouthing I did of the company was to state that they published ONE vague pattern. I never made any comments about their yarn, or any other pattern they have ever published.
4. Dammnit, this is MY blog, and I can say ANY FUCKING THING I WANT!!!!!!!!!
5. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ MY BLOG!

That said, I got my socks off in the mail to my target. She didn't respond to my email so I hope she doesn't flake. Seems as if my assassin has socks in the mail to her too, so it will be interesting to see where my target's socks end up. I sure wish my assassin would have been slow but no such luck. That's OK, this way I will only have to mail 1 pair of socks. I had fun making them too and the ones coming to me are very pretty.
I'm knitting a bunch of camouflage hats to sell at our local Christmas bazaars. My friend and I will get a table together and she's going to sell scrapbooks or something similar. I bought a bunch of yarn to get hats made. I made a test one for K's son A today. She took it home today after they left from a visit. I'm making one for her husband now, who is a big hunter. That's why I think these hats will go over so well. Almost everyone in town hunts. Camouflage is standard wear around here.
School is going well. The boys have each had a few tests/quizzes and are doing well. Some days they are more resistant than others. Poor G had 3 quizzes today, and 2 tests on Wednesday. It hardly seems fair. I hope things spread out better over the course of the year.

1 comment:

knitting chick said...

I feel the same way when people make comments on my blog. I usually leave comments on their blog back.