Monday, June 9, 2008

Dress Finished

Annabelle's dress is done and in plenty of time for her birthday. Using this yarn (Elle Pure Gold DK) was interesting. It's a bit splitty but very soft and luxurious. It's 100% courelle, which is a type of acrylic. It supposedly doesn't pill and after I blocked it it was as soft as butter. I was worried about the bottom curling as it didn't have any garter or seed stitch to help it lie flat, but since the pattern basically starts right away it was OK. I was supposed to pick up stitches around the neckline and knit them, but I decided to try my hand at crochet instead. I always say I hate crocheting, but it sure made the trim on the neckline and armholes easy. I may do it more often. I'm also motivated to try my hand at a crochet project. Someday, that is. When I was done, I decided to make her a little hat too. They live in Las Vegas so it couldn't be a warm hat or anything, so I decided to make a beret. It's pretty stretchy, so I tried it on Hennessy for her to model.
I'm supposed to put ribbon through the eyelets, but I'm not sure I have anything that will work. I have to go into town tomorrow so I'll try to find something that will work then.
Now, I have 3 projects OTN and I don't want to work on any of them. It's too hot to work on my sweater, I'm bored to tears working on Hennessy's skirt, and I'm at the point on my socks where I'm bored to tears. So I need to find a new project and I'm not sure what to do, I guess I'll have to cruise Ravelry until I find something I can't live without.

No comments: