Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mini Vacation

So yesterday we went to Seattle to catch a Mariners game. It was bobblehead night, which was an added bonus. It wasn't at ALL like the year we went on Ichiro bobblehead night, we got there at like 6:15 and didn't have to wait in line forever. There were plenty of Adrian Beltre bobbleheads to go around. We had some gift cards to spend at the store, so Dan and I each got a t shirt and the kids got some goodies. Then we went up to our seats. It was a cold night, and we only lasted until about 9:45 before we left. It was the end of the 7th inning, and the Mariners were down 7-6. We listened to the end on the radio and it ended just like we left it.
We drove back today, after making a few stops to shop. We stopped at Cabela's, the only one in the Northwest, and possibly on the west coast. Dan got some nice jeans and we got a cute sign for the house. Then we went to Walmart where I restocked my pharmacy. I always do that when we go there.
We had also stopped at Michaels the day before where I got some more stuff I'm using to make the name tags for VBS. I can't wait to show them to Sue tomorrow, I hope she is happy with the job I'm doing. It was fun. VBS is next week and I'm the designated photographer. I like that job because I can walk around and have fun and not be tied down to one group. I'm also going to help the kitchen ladies as needed serving snacks. Dan is going to put together a slide show for the final night of the pictures I take. We are also giving each kid a picture of themselves with a frame they make for it. I know most of the kids, but it will be a challenge to get pictures of the ones I don't know. I think I need to find a way to keep track just in case I forget who they are.
I was traumatized Friday on our drive up. We were driving along, up the freeway when the cars in front of us suddenly braked. Dan braked, but I didn't know what was going on. Turns out a dog had run out on the freeway. The dog managed to make it safely across our 4 lanes of traffic, then he jumped the median to cross the other side. He made it across one lane before meeting up with the wheels of a semi truck. Unfortunately my eyes caught the whole thing and it was just awful. I love animals and I hate seeing them hurt, but there was nothing this truck driver could do. It was a very busy time on the road and it was just bad luck. I hope that soon that memory will be gone from my head.
Today I was very tired and sore from 2 days in the car, and the hike to the ball field. I'm glad to be back in my own bed. That is why I'd rather not go on vacations. I end up not sleeping well and consequently hurting a lot.
I finished my Mockery socks (no photo yet) and started some Spice Boy socks for B. His birthday is coming up in a month and he has been asking me to make him socks for a long time now. I started them yesterday and knit the toes about 5 times. The pattern uses a short row toe and I just think that I can't do them right. Last time I made a pattern by the same designer, I ended up making a standard toe. I didn't give in this time but I'm not totally happy with how the toe turned out on the first sock. Oh well, I'm not ripping them out one more time.

No comments: