Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Winding Down

School is winding down and I am SO done with being a homeschool mom. It has made me unpleasant, cranky, and bitchy too much of the day. My kids need space from me, and I need space from them. I know we have to make it through the summer still, but at least I don't have to bug them about doing schoolwork. We have 5 school days left.
My baby is done with her first year of preschool and I'm actually sad about it. She had the best teacher in the world, Miss Jeannie, but Miss Jeannie and her family are moving to China. It would make it a long trip to take her to preschool. We are weighing our options, and the best one is to put her in the same school the boys will be attending. The good part is that is is full day preschool, 3 days a week M-W-F. She would be able to ride the bus with them and I'd have 3 days to myself. On the flip side, it costs over $200 a month. There are 2 small preschool options here, they would be 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours for around $75 a month. I think that the full day thing is a bargain if I l0ok at their prices. Our plan is to save as much money as we can over the summer and if we can get the full years tuition all together by August 1, we'd get a discount and have her tuition all paid up for the year. Then we'd only have to worry about paying the tuition for the boys every month. It's scary to think about so much money going out of our budget every month but I think it's worth it. Money will be really tight. We can do it though.
We are going to a Mariners game next weekend. I'm excited, but right now all I can think about is how much money the trip is going to cost us. Dan's work will pay mileage, and for the hotel (he is going to do some work up there) but we have to pay for food and for stuff at the game, and the kids always want souvenirs. Maybe they'll just have to forego them this year because of the money situation. I hate that though.
On the knitting front, I'm working on a pair of socks (Mockery Socks) and the Hey Mickey skirt for Cee-Cee. I think I made it a bit too long but hopefully she'll grow a few inches over the summer. It's a little slow going and lots of purling, which I hate. I have to alternate between the two to not lose my mind. I don't have any new projects in mind. I also have my Mr. Greenjeans
on the needles but it's too warm to work on it much. I'm at the sleeves which are boring too.

No comments: