Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The nails are gone

I took off my acrylic nails last night. I was getting frustrated with them lifting, and they even looked like crap after the last fill. So I worked on them during the baseball games and got them off. It hurt a little, but I really think I feel better not having them. My nails look awful right now but they will grow out and I will take better care of them now that I don't bite my nails any more. Another benefit is that I can type decently again and I don't have to backspace as much to fix my mistakes.
I got some yarn in the mail today that I bought to make a little vest for a friend who is having a baby boy in August. She will totally love it, and I will bet she asks me to make another for her other son who is almost 4.
I've been crocheting a bunch of dishcloths just for quick projects. It's good to increase my crocheting skills too. It's not something I really enjoy but it's a nice diversion from the monotony of B's tiger socks. I'm really not enjoying them and I think I'll cast on the baby vest right away just to have a less boring project going. I seemed to have chosen a bunch of boring stuff all at the same time.
I made some other cute stuff for another friend who has never even acknowledged receiving them. It's very frustrating. I guess I should ask her, but she's an internet friend and I'd have to post it on the bulletin board. My knitting for certain people has caused some controversy over there but I really don't care. I get to choose who I knit for, and I am a lot closer to some of these ladies than others. Most of them I have known for over 4 1/2 years, since we were all pregnant together.

No comments: