Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm a Lucky Lurker!

I wanted to join the Lucky Lurker Club at A Swell Yarn Shop, but forgot about it on the day she opened sign ups. She did add some random slots on various days, but every time I checked there were none. Well, yesterday I was sitting here editing on Ravelry and an email came from Angela at the shop saying that she'd be posting just a few more spots in the next few days. So I clicked on her store link, and was lucky enough to snap up the one slot that was sitting there waiting for me. I can't tell you how fast I typed my info in because I REALLY wanted it. This is the first club I'll have belonged to, and probably the last. I really don't need any more yarn unless I start knitting some, and I can't start knitting some if I don't stop playing on Ravelry!
I'm trying to knit something for a friend who just had a baby. I keep printing off projects, or picking out ones in books, then quitting 10 rows into it. I finally decided that it's the yarn's fault. It's not washable, therefore not practical for a baby. I didn't want to use the Blue Sky Alpacas again but I don't want that yarn sitting around so I guess I will. Now to get the energy to start a new project.

I jsut checked, and there's one spot left in the Lucky Lurker Club. Hurry up and get it!

No comments: