Sunday, May 27, 2007

Knitting Day



Today I was able to knit most of the day on the cardi. This is how far I am, although it kind of looks like a big old lump because the needles are so short. I should probably switch to longer ones, but it won't be long before I put parts on stitch holders and only knit part at at ime. This yarn is a PITA. I hope I survive this project.
Incidentally, here's a very nice picture of the yarn when it arrived, looking all purty in it's skeins. That was before the 4 hour nightmare of untangling 1 skein. The rest went smoothly but that one tried to kill me. I ordered this yarn from a lady who sells on Ebay and custom dyes it. I said I wanted pink, and pink is what I got, don't you think? I'm considering ordering from her again. She's easy to deal with, and prompt. Plus she doesn't charge outrageous shipping rates, just exact shipping. None of that $2 item, $20 shipping crap that is out there. But I do know I won't get chenille again.
I caved and ordered some Araucania Nature Cotton to make a Clapotis http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html for mom. I was going to make her Mom's day (I know it's late, but I have an excuse, I had shoulder surgery) scarf out of lace weight yarn (and I even have it) but it would probably take me until NEXT Mother's Day if I did that so I caved. I got a really great deal on the yarn so I don't feel guilty. I would have loved to use the LL Lion and Lamb it called for, but I couldn't justify that expense for a scarf. I can't even justify spending $50 on yarn to make a sweater yet. But I haven't really found a sweater pattern I love yet so that is a moot point.
Things I need to do tomorrow (but most likely won't get done)
--Balance the checkbook (haven't done it in a month)
--Take a shower (remember, I'm still in a sling so it's a struggle)
--Finish cleaning off my desk (ha ha ha)
--Throw away all unwanted papers on the desk
--Get the Booga bag felted

No comments: