Monday, May 28, 2007

Progress

I worked on the cardi for quite a while today. I got finished with the top, now I'm working on the first sleeve. Let me tell you, that was a challenge to get that going right. I looks kind of ugly right now but I hope that by the time I get to knitting the bottom of the sweater under the sleeve it will hide the ugly bits. I'm knitting on DPN's now, not my favorite but I've yet to master the magic loop. I don't have a loop long enough anyway. Maybe when I put in that huge KP order I should have ordered one (along with another 36" one to replace the one that Bella (my dog, not my kid) ate. Well, she didn't eat it, just chewed it in half so it's useless. Good thing the kit came with 2 in each length. Hopefully my Malabrigo will come for my super top secret project too. And maybe the Nature Cotton for Mom's Clapotis. All these projects, and so little time!
I accomplished 2 of my tasks today. I did get a shower (needed to wash that stink off my body), and I got the Booga felted. It turned out fabulous, BTW. It's now drying on the requisite Tupperware Cereal Keeper. It just happens to be the perfect size (thanks to the person on knittinghelp.com who posted that she'd used one for her Booga).
My KP order should be here this week. The tracker says it should come tomorrow! Whoopie. I'd like to get started on Anouk too since it's for the same family as the Booga and Tater's Cardi. My good friend K. (I'm avoiding using people's real names, except for my own that is) When I had my surgery, she did more for me than anyone else did. She cleaned my house for me, brought me dinner, and even took me to the doctor's office an hour away. All this with a 3 year old and a 3 month old. She is one of the best friend's a girl could have and I've only known her for about 9 months. She and I can be total opposites on some levels, but we seem to mesh.
Tomorrow is my last Mom's group meeting for the year. It's been so much fun getting to know the ladies out here in our little town. We plan to get together over the summer but it won't be the same.
Off to work on the cardi some more.

No comments: