Tuesday, May 29, 2007

One sleeve down, one to go!

I got the first sleeve done today. The cuff is REALLY cute, kind of a tulipy pattern when done. It was a PITA to knit on DPN's, the bane of my existence. I don't have a cable long enough to do magic loop, and I don't know if I quite get that anyway. I will have more time to knit tomorrow (no Mom's group to eat into my knitting time!) so hopefully I'll get the other sleeve done and get the rest of the body back on the circs.
My MMMMMMMMMalabrigo arrived today, and of my FREAKING GOD it's better than I ever thought it would be. The M is the yarn for my super top secret project and I am SO itching to get started. But I promised myself I'd finish the cardi first. So I'll piss and moan about it, but I'm going to wait. I did, however, wind it into balls which I love to do so much. I could wind yarn all day long now that I have a swift and ball winder. That reminds me, Cee-Cee was playing with the swift and broke one of the wood pieces. We ended up just taking it off and it works fine without it for now. The piece needs a good dose of wood glue, and perhaps some tape to cover any poky ends. I was seriously pissed when it happened, but she's only 2 1/2, and I left it out so I should have expected something like that to happen.
I also got all the KP shine worsted I ordered to make the Anouk for R. and a Good Guest Dress for Cee-Cee. I was so excited to get 2 boxes in the mail, and I should get the Nature Cotton tomorrow I hope. I may have to start the Clapotis even though I didn't finish my other project because it's already late for it's Mother's Day date. When Mom was here this weekend she saw the Booga I made for K. and asked me to make her one. I totally expected that and had already bought the yarn for it. She bitches about being allergic to wool but when she saw the Booga she couldn't wait to get one. They are pretty darn cute.
I'm going to try my hand at designing some bootees. I have some patterns I like, but they are all for 2 or 3 weight yarn, and I need to make them out of the worsted M. So I'm going to design my own I guess. I'll wirte down what I do as I go, because I'll never be able to replicate if I don't.
I'm reading the 2nd book in Mary Kruger's mysteries about knitting. I actually like them. They are a good read, quick but interesting. In case anyone reading this is interested in other books about knitting, I've read most and will do a quick review.
The Friday Night Knitting Club was fabulous. I loved the characters and the storyline really held my attention. The ending was sad (I won't ruin it for anyone).
The Knitting Circle: A Novel was really good too. The story line proved to me that one can always find something in common with another person, no matter how different they seem. It reminds me to always find the good in everyone.
Knit One, Kill Two, Needled to Death, and A Deadly Yarn are fun. I see that a fourth book was just put out, I'll be off to Amazon to get that soon. I enjoy a good mystery and if it involves yarn, it really holds my interest.
I'm planning on getting the "Blossom Street" series. I'll review them at another time.

No comments: