Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Finishing

This is my least favorite part of knitting. I hate seaming, and I really hate sewing on buttons. So the Peapod baby set sat around for a few weeks. Then I picked up some cute buttons (planes, trains, cars, etc). But they were too big. So I ended up sewing on some plain buttons and I finally sent the package off in the mail. I thought I'd done a pretty good job on it until I was all done and looking at it. The sleeves look awfully short. I hope I didn't screw up but I didn't feel like digging out the pattern to check. I just looked at a few on Ravelry and their sleeves looked short too, so maybe I'm OK. I had planned on blocking it before I seamed it but I forgot so it doesn't look as nice as it could. Oh well. This person isn't a knitter and will never know.
I'm about 75% finished with my new STSP. When I'm done with this I need to come up with another thing to make to go with it. I have some ideas and plenty of leftover yarn. I still have a few weeks to finish it up too.
Then I need to get back to Christmas knitting. On and off, I'm working on a scarf, hat, and gauntlets for my sister. Then I still have my step-mom, mom, grandma, DH and kids to think about. I want to knit an argyle vest for DH but not sure how he would feel about that. I saw a really nice pattern somewhere but I've forgotten where it came from. I'll have to do some hunting. It was a solid sweater with an argyle stripe across the upper chest, and it was a pullover. If anyone recognizes this, let me know.
I'm sick and tired of feeling exhausted. I have a doctor's appointment next week, and hopefully we can get me on a medication that eases some of my fibromyalgia pain but doesn't leave me feeling like roadkill. I love my doctor and she works with me but she's been on medical leave for 6 weeks so I've just had to tough out feeling like crap. I also need to get on a new blood pressure med. The one she gave me made me feel really sick so (don't tell anyone) I quit taking it about a month ago. I'm still taking the diuretic but I quit the other, and really probably should be taking it. I just can't take feeling like crap though.
My mom's group started meeting again which is great. There were 2 new ladies there today and they were really nice. One is having a little girl in a few months so I'm probably going to give her a bunch of Cee-Cee's old clothes. I just want to be rid of them!

1 comment:

chrispy said...

Congrats on finishing. I know how hard it is with medicine changes. I am currently going through some of that.

I know that knitpicks has a mens argyle vest with a bit across the upper portion of the chest, but I can tell you from my small portion of a survey that it will not be well received. If the argyle strip was larger, I think it might.