Thursday, September 13, 2007

I need a new project

I finished the socks I was making (the top secret project, ssh don't tell anyone it's socks). They turned out pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I also made a matching headband since I had so much yarn leftover. I could still probably knock out another little project with the rest of the leftover yarn but I think I am done. I also finished the little Coriolis socks. I was almost done with the second sock when I realized I hadn't made the spiral go the other way. So I ripped it out and started again. It only took me about an hour to finish it.
So my new question is what should I knit now? I'm leaning toward Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks from New Pathways. I started this sock but ripped it because I didn't think it was going to be wide enough around. I think I'll start it again on 2's and I think it will turn out OK.
I'm having terrible back pain lately. I have an appointment with my PCP Tuesday. She's been on medical leave for 6 weeks and I don't like the nurse practitioner who has been filling in for her. It has restricted what I'm able to do, including knitting. The weather is crappy and that contributes to my feeling yucky. I wish there was a cure for fibromyalgia.
Yeterday I walked 3 miles with an old friend and a new friend. Their girls are in the same preschool as Cee-Cee. We are planning to walk on Mondays and Wednesdays while the girls are in school. I couldn't believe I made it around the pond 3 times. The first trip my legs were dying but after the 2nd round I felt pretty good. I did get a blister on the bottom of one foot but it doesn't hurt today. Tomorrow DH is off work so I might go walk by myself, just me and my podcasts. It's a good way to catch up on my podcasts, get some time alone, and get in some exercise. It's going to depend on how my back feels.
I still can't decide if I want to go to the Flock and Fiber festival. If I do, it will have to be after the Race for the Cure because I don't want to drive all that way a different day when I'd be already half way there.
Well crap. I just went looking on the site about the Race and it's on Sunday this year. Hmmmmmm. I thought it was on Saturday. That totally changes things. I'm going to have to do some thinking. Our church was going to have their Sunday School carnival that morning, and DH and I are supposed to start a class with Sam on becoming a Christian. I think we can probably reschedule that one class since we committed to the race (DH's work is paying for it). I think that maybe I can take Saturday and go to the Flock and Fiber festival, then go to the race Sunday morning. It will mean missing church because the walk starts at 9, and there's no way we can be home by 11 for church. Our town is too small to have a Saturday evening service. I feel bad about missing the carnival too. Another reason I want to go is that Woodland Woolworks (the shop that I have a gift card for) is going to be there. They are having a 15% off all yarn sale right now, and I can order online and pick up the order at the festival. I love me a sale. I've been wanting to get a skein of Bearfoot yarn, they have a colorway called Crazy Woman that I think if perfect for me.

No comments: