Thursday, September 6, 2007

I can't follow New Pathways

I've really been trying to knit a sock from the New Pathways for Sock Knitters book by Cat Bordhi. I finished one whole Ocean-Toes sock and then ripped it out. It was really too tight, and I didn't want to restart it on bigger needles because I didn't really like the look of it. So I've been knitting a little bit of several socks then ripping them out. I just can't make up my mind so I think I'm going to put the socks away for a while and concentrate on getting Christmas gift knitting worked on. I did actually complete 1 pair of socks from the book, and 1 of a 2nd pair. The pair is the Little Sky sock, which are baby socks knit with worsted weight yarn. Just when I decided to knit these, a package from my SP11 showed up. She's from Finland so I got some cool Finnish yarn. SO I used the pink worsted weight she sent to make the baby socks. I'll give them to my friend K's baby R when I'm done. I also knit 1 of the little Coriolis sock, and I'll probably do the other soon. I just need a little break.
I want to make an Irish Hiking Scarf, hat and wrist warmers for my sister for Christmas. I have the Black and Cyan 100PW I want to use, but I got about 10 rows into it when I discovered my hands were turning black. I rinsed the yarn several times and then had to let it dry for a few days. It's still hanging in my bathroom but I'll probably ball it up again tonight and start the scarf again. It's a really simple pattern that I could probably knit in my sleep but I need a little boring right now.
I also got some lovely cream colored silk/wool in fingering weight. I had considered making myself a lacy scarf with it, but now I'm thinking a pair of cabled socks. I'm not completely sure yet. It's lovely stuff though.
The munchkin is asleep and the boys are at school. This is the first peace and quiet I've had since June. So now I think I'll take a nap myself.

No comments: