Friday, September 7, 2007

New super top secret project

I have a new super top secret project in the works. I have a good friend who has a birthday in about 2 weeks so I'm making her a pair of socks. She loves my socks so I'm making her a pair of Monkey's. I'm working on the 3rd lace repeat on the leg and I just started this afternoon. So far it's a pretty easy pattern so I hope it turns out OK. For some reason though I keep thinking I finished a whole round when I'm only to the end of the 1st needle (I'm a magic looper). I've had to pull out a few rows to fix my mistakes.
Here's a dilemma, maybe someone out there will know what to do. My dad got me a gift certificate for my birthday, but unfortunately it's to a needlepoint shop. I don't needlepoint, and I don't plan to pick it up either. It's not a teeny amount either, it's pretty substantial. I was hoping that maybe this place would sell yarn, and they sell some yarn, but not the kind of yarn I want to knit with. I emailed the place asking if they would refund me the $$ for it or work out something, without spilling the beans. I feel really bad, he was trying to be very thoughtful but I really wish he would have asked me first. Unfortunately this is typical of him. I'd sure like that amount of money to spend on yarn though, I could really get a lot of stuff that I want.
On a good note, my good friend K. gave me a gift certificate to a yarn shop that is local (sort of). It's about an hour away but they do have a website. I'm not sure yet if I'll go there or just order online. I'd love to save the shipping but this place is pretty out of the way. On the flip side, who knows if they have all their inventory online. I did look at their downloadable catalog and everything I saw in the catalog is online, so I'd guess that it is. Maybe I can talk her into going with me one day.

No comments: