Tuesday, September 25, 2007

OFF

OFF was awesome. We got there about 10:30 AM on Saturday, which was perfect. It was busy but not so busy you couldn't move around. The first room full of vendors was interesting, but it leaned more toward fleece, roving, and sheep. Like ceramic sheep, sheep magnets, everything sheep.
Then we went outside, and there were a ton of vendors with tents on the lawn. I first saw A Swell Yarn Shop. This I was thrilled about. We decided to take a break, and had a Diet Coke and some kettle corn. Then we shopped the vendors outside. Angora Valley was also outside (Fly*Dyed yarns), as well as Abundant Yarn and Dyeworks, who had dyed up a ton of Trekking to sell. I was disappointed that I hadn't seen Blue Moon Fiber Arts yet, and thought I surely couldn't have missed that booth. Then we found a whole other room full of vendors, and there was BMFA and their famous Socks That Rock. They had some that were mill ends, but only a few skeins of those left at a bargain price. All in all I had a great time and bought 7 (yep, 7) skeins of sock yarn all for myself. My mom also bought 2 books and she was happy with that.
So, here's my haul
Sweet Grass Wool Toe Jammies, in the color Tuscany. Lovely golds, steel blues, wine, and gray.












Chameleon Colorworks Twinkle Toes in Flamingo Sunrise. Beautiful wine, pink, yellow and orange colors.









Socks That Rock in Rare Gems, tuquoise teal, and green, as well as a mill end skein which is shades of tans












Fly*Dyed Lace Wing Sock Yarn, in Twilight, purples, steely blues, and pinks. amd Myst, deeper purples, dark blues and gray.












Last but not least, Trekking yarn which is plant dyed by Abundant Yarns and Dyeworks. It's called grayscale, and it's varying shakes of grays.












I made it home in time to turn back around and drive back into town with my girlfriends for a girl's night out. We went to Olive Garden for my friend's 30th birthday and we had lots of fun.
Today I got a box from KP, with my harmony sock needles (haven't tried them yet) a book, and enough Telemark to knit DH a sweater vest (from the aforementioned book). I hope he likes it, and if he doesn't he at least better wear it to church or something.

No comments: