Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Day yarn


My yarn that I dyed yesterday is done and here it is. I decided to call it happy day because it's bright and sunny. The red is cherry Kool-Aid, the orange is orange (obviously) and the yellow is 2 packets of Lemonade. This was a good experiment in dyeing and I want to do some more. I needed more dye, and a better way to keep the colors from sneaking into areas I didn't want them. I think I might knit a pair of longies soakers for Cee-Cee for winter even though she won't be in diapers by then (I sure hope!). They'd still make cute pants.
I got my sample of yarn from Cider Moon today and now I'm impatiently waiting to get my yarn. Mom came over and we looked at about 10 bazillion sock patterns and I still think I'm going to end up making the ones from Cider Moon that I was originally going to make. We did print out a bunch of patterns so if I decide I like knitting socks I already have some patterns
I got a new book last night at Barnes and Noble called Cables Untangled. I really like it and I'm knitting the gauntlets for Rachel with one of the cable patterns. We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: