Monday, June 25, 2007

Socking along......

I'm working on the foot of the Saucy socks for my mom. Now I need her to measure her foot for me but I can't get a hold of her. Her internet is down, and since she has VOIP, her phone is down too. So she is only available on a cell and she frequently leaves it places. I've called her a few times but she's not answering.
So I'm back to knitting on the Rectangular Cover Shawl which totally sucks. I hate this thing so much. I'd let it fester in my UFO bin but it's a Mother's Day (obviously late) present for my step-mom so I really need to get it finished. I have about 3 1/2 more repeats of the 48 row pattern. Remind me to never do a pattern with a 48 row repeat again. It takes FOR-freaking-EVER!
I spent my morning helping at VBS, which really isn't my thing but I did it anyway. I wanted the boys to have something to do, and if Cee-Cee was going to stay, I had to stay too (they didn't have a group for toddlers except for workers' kids). All the while I was thinking about all the knitting I could have accomplished. It's interesting about obsessions. You know you are obsessed when you can't stop thinking about something. I know that statistics say that men think about sex every 10 minutes or something. I can top that with how much I think about knitting or knitting related things these days. My PT told me today that I am totally obsessed because part of my vacation was to visit yarn shops.
That reminds me, I did forego a yarn shop visit today. We were in St. Helens going to Wally world (the kids needed a new DVD/VCR) and we found a little yarn shop. I don't even know if it was open but I passed (don't faint) because he had a bunch of other things to do.
Must go knit on the neverending shawl...........

No comments: