Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Nothing Interesting

Shit. I had about 1/2 my post done and I hit some button and it magically disappeared. I have terrible luck.
K. came over yesterday and I gave her the stuff I made for her and the girls. She loved it of course. She's such a great friend and I just wanted her to know how much I appreciate that. I can't wait to see R. wearing Anouk this fall.
I got the bare merino I ordered from KP today (along with the other goodies I had to add to get free shipping!). I bought Kool-Aid at the store the other day to dye it with. Now I just need to decide on a project to make with it. Hm..........Probably something for H.
I need to get working on the stuff for R. and for J. since their Pampered Chef stuff is coming here first. I think I'll work on J's shawl tonight.
I ordered some yarn from Cider Moon today to make their Lillehammer hat for R. for her birthday. It was last week, but I'm late as usual. She doesn't need it now anyway, but she's going to be stationed in Korea in September and it's cold there she says. Anyway, the pattern calls for a small amount of their "Blimey" color for a few rows of contrast. I didn't want to pay for a whole skein (it's spendy, although beautiful, stuff) so I just asked if they'd throw in a short piece and charge me like $1 or something. They promptly replied and said they'd throw it in for free, no problem. Isn't that great customer service? I can't wait to get their yarn. I also ordered a skein to make some socks for Mom. It'll be my first forray into adult socks (I did make the baby socks but those are a completely different story). I hope I don't screw them up too much.

No comments: