Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lots O' Knitting Day

G. woke up with a fever so we skipped VBS today. Actually my friend came and picked up Na-Na. and he went, and G and Cee-Cee and I stayed home. I had a lot of time to knit, and did about 30 rows on my Rectangular shawl, which made up for the few I didn't get done last night because I was just too darn tired. I also knit about 10 rows on the Clapotis and only took the sock out to look at it today. Now, I plan on working on a headwrap pattern that's in my head. I'm going to use the "fire and ice' pattern from the Vogue Stitchionary as a base and come up with a pattern that works. I wanted to make the Dream Swatch wrap but I decided I could come up with something on my own.
I also dyed up a skein of yarn with Wilton cake icing dyes. It's watermelon and chocolate. I'm not totally happy with how it turned out, but I have a lot to learn about the dyeing business. I am ashamed to admit that I spent WAY to much on yarn the past few days so I have to not buy any more for a few months until I get all the stuff I have on my que knitted. I did indulge in some Lime & Violet today, and ordered some Blue Sky Alpaca's Cotton for a blanket and sweater I want to make. OK, there's one more little purchase I'm going to make from Etsy in a few days but that's IT!
I think I may have podcasted myself out. By that I mean that I've lstened to every current podcast in the knitting podcast world. Come on podcasters, put some new episodes up! I've listened to a ton lately and I'm almost sure I've heard everything I want to listen to. I actually watched a movie tonight (Girl Positive) and might catch up on a few shows while I work on my headwrap.
I'm completely PISSED at UPS tonight. I ordered a book from Amazon (Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs From Interweave) and paid for overnight shipping. I was just being greedy, I didn't really NEED it overnight, but I wanted it. Since we have Amazon Prime, it was only $3.99 to overnight it, so I thought why not? Well the idiots at UPS mis-sorted it last night and it stayed overnight in Seattle. Now come on, don't tell me they coulnd't find any other way to get it down here today. What a freaking joke. I emailed Amazon and told them I want my money back. I hope they get theirs back from UPS.

No comments: