Thursday, June 14, 2007

My great idea

OK, the Andre scarf was a bust. I suck at intarsia. I think I spend about3 hours getting about 10 rows done (3 times over) before I threw in the towel. So I decided to knit R some gauntlets, a cabled scarf, and hat that match. Only I couldn't find a pattern I liked. So I got the great idea that I'll make one up as I go. But that was after I already ordered some Malabrigo for either the Fetching or Dashing gloves from Knitty. Darn, I guess I'll just have to find another use for that skein of Malabrigo.
In any case, I found a yarn co-op that co-ops 100purewool, and it's dirt cheap. It's already dirt cheap on the site but has to be sent from South America so the postage sucks. Anyway I ordered 10 skeins via the co-op and let's hope it gets to 500 skeins soon because I'm itching to start. Maybe if the pattern turns out good enough I'll submit it to Knitty or MagKnits. Or sell it. Who knows.
I'm trying to work on J's rectangular shawl but I didn't get much done today. H. was a pill and I had PT so that took up a lot of time. Tomorrow is playgroup at the park and I can take my knitting but who knows how much I might actually get done.
I'm going to give Kool-Aid dyeing a whirl tomorrow. I have a bunch of packets and 3 hanks of KP superwash sport to work with. I think I'll try one at a time. We'll see how it turns out. Stay tuned.

No comments: