Thursday, June 7, 2007

Super Top Secret Project is done!


So the super top secret project is finally complete. My good friend S. (I'm sure she won't read this) recently had a baby girl. She didn't know the gender ahead of time so I knit her a nice green blankie for the baby with the intentions of knitting more items when the baby was born. Well much to my surprise (I had bet on boy) it was a girl. So I ordered this awesome Malabrigo yarn in the colorway of "Melilla". Normally I don't say people's names, but I got this yarn on purpose because the baby's name is Lila. Anyway, 4 days later and the project is done. The dress is Blossom from Magknits. The soaker is a free pattern from Fern anad Faerie. The socks were from a book called Knit Baby Head and Toes. I'm still not completely satisfied with how the socks turned out but I think I tried 3 bootie/sock patterns before I finally decided these were good enough.
I still need to seam the dress, but I need some ribbon for the side ties and I don't have any. I'll have to try to get into town this weekend so I can get this in the mail next week. I made the 3-6 month size so I still have lots of time but I hate seaming and the longer I wait the less likely it will get done before the baby turns 3.
For my next project, I'm starting Anouk. The pattern confused the heck out of me until I went to the designer's website and realized that the sides aren't seamed at all, it's just a pinafore. I did read that it was a pinafore, but it didn't sink in what that really meant.
I also found this great pattern from Cider Moon for a hat called Lillehammer that I think R. would love. I tried to buy some of their yarn but their site is down for a few weeks for vacation or something. Guess that will have to wait for now.
Cee-Cee was in an especially crabby mood today and refused a nap. Made mommy more tired and I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.


No comments: