Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blanket burnout

I'm now on the 4th side of the ruffle finally. I am bound and determined to get it done by tomorrow, as boring as it is. Today, instead of knitting like I should have been, I spent most of the day on Ravelry.
I've become a volunteer editor for several yarn companies and it's turned out to be quite a venture. I'm enjoying it but there's a lot of work to be done to get stuff in the database correctly. Right now I'm working on the Trendsetter/Lane Borgosesia yarns. Luckily I've made a good contact at the Trendsetter company who is feeding me information as I need it. It's amazing that on Ravelry you can enter as much or as little information about a yarn as you choose. Which means that the person editing it has either a very little, or a lot of work to do. Plus the editors have more leeway in what they can enter than the average user. Then there's the problem between yarn manufacturers and distributors. Then Lane Borgosesia names some of their higher end lines which adds in even more confusion. Now I just added a new pattern line to my already over gluttonous job. I may never get to knit again!
I made a cute little Hello Kitty for Hennessy. It was a test, if it turned out cute I was going to make some more. Unfortunately, it's a little lopsided and ugly and so I think I'm done making Hello Kitties. She seems to like it, but she has the taste of a two year old remember.
I'm trying to finish the Baglove's too, but I'm need to make I-cord and I just hate doing it. I bought a little machine to do it but it doesn't work well with the yarn I chose. So I'll have to do it the old fahioned way which means BOOOOOOOOOOORING. Wow, I'm not knitting on anything fun right now.

No comments: