Sunday, July 29, 2007

I once was lost, but now am found......


The cylinder for my ball winder is found. Friday night we were going to go into town to get another one, but DH ended up having to work like 14 hours and we didn't make it. I was really pissed off about the whole thing, but he brought home a massive wide screen monitor for me so that softened the blow of the whole thing.
So Saturday morning we were going to go into town in the morning. We were cleaning up the house when DH found the cylinder inside Hennessy's Dora star catcher bag. Then I was pissed because there was 2 days I didn't get to do stuff because of it. And, I wound a huge ball of Spinnaker by hand. What a waste.
We ended up going into town anyway. We went to a knitting store called Farmhouse Knit Shop in Beaverton. I wasn't too impressed. They do carry Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarns (Socks That Rock) and I got a fabulous skein of mediumweight Tide Pool. The rest of their yarns were mostly obscure yarns arranged by color. They did have some lovely stuff that I wish I'd bought but didn't have any idea what I'd make with it.
Then we went to The Knitting Bee to try and find some stuff I wanted for a few projects. They didn't have what I wanted either. I had originally wanted to go all the way into Portland to go the The Yarn Garden, but we decided to try Farmhouse first, and I wish we didn't. I want to get to Yarn Garden without kids though, but I hate driving. Don't know how I'll pull this one off. Our Finnish friends (who live right near Yarn Garden) will be back from their holiday in Finland soon so maybe we can coordinate a visit with them and a trip to the yarn store.
I'm off to church, then to paint pottery this afternoon with the ladies from my mom's group. It should be a good time, and there'll be no children (except for the nursing babies).

No comments: