Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July

I didn't get much accomplished today knit wise. I slept in late, which was really nice. I did knit a little bit while Cee-Cee was sleeping, and DH took the boys swimming. When they got back I took myself a nice little nap. When I got up it was time to go down to the school where the Cub Scouts were selling snow cones and popcorn before the fireworks.
Let me preface this whole story by saying we live in a very small town. There's only about 3000 people. We moved here a year ago to get out of Portland and get our kids into a smaller school. We didn't know that this town has a parade for EVERYTHING! So there was a parade today at 7:30 PM, which lasted all of about 15 minutes. The nice part for kids about parades in a small town is they still throw candy. I sat there for about 10 minutes with Cee-Cee while the boys marched in the parade with the flags. When they were done I went back to the popcorn/snowcone selling. I wolfed down a hamburger in the midst, and tried to knit on a new toe up sock. I screwed it up twice and gave up.
When 9:00 rolled around (the fireworks started at 9:45) the stand went crazy. We had a huge line. I was in charge of the popcorn, and I couldn't make it fast enough. People were having to wait while the machine popped more corn. We had popped some ahead of time, but once the fireworks were imminent people just went crazy buying it. I was glad when the fireworks were done and so was I. I stood basically in one place for 5 hours (with a few short walks) and my feet are killing me.
I finished my ugly Campfire sock tonight, and I'll try to get most of the second done tomorrow. I hope they aren't too ugly for my swap pal. I'm going to send her some nice stuff too so she doesn't think I have terrible taste.
Tomorrow, my package from WEBS should arrive, along with (hopefully) my package from MY swap pal, and some DPN protectors I ordered from Etsy.
I snuck some pictures of my new Silkie Socks That Rock and my WIP/FO's in while DH was gone. I had to ask him for help uploading the photos (it wasn't working right) and he may have snuck a peek at my stash. Usually he turns a blind eye, and I appreciate that. He lets me indulge my passion because it makes me happy. I told him I want the shirt that says "I can go bat-shit crazy or I can knit, your choice". He laughed, and said I was welcome to continue knitting whether I got the shirt or not. He must really love me.

No comments: