Saturday, July 21, 2007

We were on the news!

Brendyn, Hennessy and I on the news. You have to watch the video story but we are standing with our signs at the end of the story. My good friends Andrea and Kari (along with her husband and daughters) were also with us. It was pretty neat. I was on the news once about 16 years ago. Again, just a short clip but cool nonetheless.
I worked hard on the Presto Chango today. I think I cast it on last night, but I got the entire main body of it done today, and I am about 2/3 of the way done with the removable front panel. It should take me about 1/2 an hour to finish it up tomorrow. It will probably take me longer to sew up the seams than it did to make the whole front panel. Oh how I hate seaming. And I don't have any buttons. I might have to go get some Sunday.
G. got back from Cub Scout camp tonight. He had a great time and I'm really glad. I was sure I'd have to go pick him up early. He's never camped before, and he's not really the outdoorsy type. He was very proud that he got a bullseye in bee bee guns, and an "almost" bullseye in archery. This from a kid who has dyspraxia (poor muscle strength and coordination) and ADHD. He also learned to whittle wood.
Tomorrow is NaNa's birthday party. We'll probably have a house full of kids as the weather is supposed to suck. We bought some clay and are going to make some clay caterpillar crayon holders. I hope it keeps the kids occupied.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Congrats to your son on his BB gun and archery skills PLUS learning to whittle. Sounds like a fun week. I think they keep the kids so busy at camp that they don't have much time to dwell on the fact they aren't home.