Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Too f-ing hot

It's just too hot for me. And it's only nearing 90. I just hate it when it gets that hot. Good think I don't live in Phoenix or something. That's WHY I don't live in Phoenix or something.
I decided to knit a sock today. A campfire sock for my swap pal. Only I screwed up a row. I decided to leave it and call it my own personal touch. I think the pattern is messed up though, I am trying to modify it to make it work and up until an hour ago I was doing fine. I just picked up the stitches for the gusset and now something went wrong. I threw it into the bag and took a little break. Sometimes that helps me solve my problems. I can probably finish it tonight, and it will be the fastest sock I've ever knit. Mind you though, it's only the second sock I've ever knit. So there's not much room to talk here.
I was going to make another Baglove and give it to my swap pal along with the socks. I'm not sure I'm going to have enough yarn for another though. I also need to find some coordinating yarn to make the handle with. Even if I bought another skein of the Sari (which costs a fortune, and is hard to find), I wouldn't be able to make the I-cord with it. It's just too thick. I need to find something coordinating. It looks like HoneyPot Yarns is going to come out with a bamboo, and that would be perfect. Problem is finding the yarn somewhere. I just emailed Janice, the lady who owns HoneyPot Yarns and basically begged her to sell me a skein, even though she only sells wholesale. Maybe if she won't she'll at least be able to point me in the direction of someone who might have one.
I got my Socks Socks Socks book today and wasn't impressed. Good thing I'd used my $10 in Amazon gift certs and it only cost less than $4. Otherwise I'd be pissed. There are maybe 2 patterns in there I'd make, and they are both with DK weight yarn. One of them was obviously a pirated pattern. I even know where it was pirated from.
Speaking of that, I found a pattern that is strikingly similar to one that recently won a big pattern contest. Which came first? Who knows. It's not for me to judge. Just an observation.
I also got my Silky Socks that Rock in Knitty Rocks. I haven't had a chance to snap a pic of it because this day has been shit. But it's nice and buttery soft and I'm going to make something for ME with this. I also ordered a basic toe up pattern and it seems pretty easy. Turns out Blue Moon Fiber Arts is just over the hill, about 20 miles or so away from me. I wonder if they are looking for an apprentice, or just someone to help out? I'd end up spending all my pay on yarn, but who cares?

No comments: