Saturday, July 7, 2007

Sickies in the house

Thursday evening B. got a fever. He started complaining at dinner that he didn't want to eat, which is typical. I told him to shut up and eat. Then he told me his head felt hot. So I felt it, expecting nothing, and the poor kid was burning up. He had about a 102 fever. He indicated that nothing in particular hurt, he just didn't feel good. So I let him skip dinner and told him to go lie down on the couch. He asked for some sprite, so I went to the store after dinner and got him some.
Friday morning at 6:30 AM he woke me up saying his stomach really hurt. He was feverish again, so I pushed around on his belly some to see if I got any reaction. He was quite tense, and not feeling well, and not very cooperative. So at 8 when the doctor's office opened, I called and made him an appointment. By 11, when the appointment was, he had seemed to perk up and feel better so I felt stupid taking him in but I did anyway. Good thing, as he had exudative tonsillitis. He NEVER complained about his throat hurting, except to say once that his throat felt dry. So we got a prescription for Amox. and went home. The doctor's office faxed it to the pharmacy and DH picked it up on the way home.
The good news--he's feeling much better today. He should be feeling good enough to go to day camp next week.
Another piece of good news--Cee-Cee peed on the potty 3 times today. I gave in and bought gummy bears to give her for treats. Seemed to work, because we got home from Costco this afternoon and she managed to produce 3 times. That's a huge thing for her. She's turning 3 in August, and she's very smart. I just think she is being stubborn. I need her to be potty trained for preschool this fall.
I started on the Eyelet baby blanket yesterday and have about 2 repeats done. It's 11 rows of stockingette, then a row of eyelets. There are 2 different eyelet rows so the eyelets are staggered. It's kind of nice using bigger needles but it's really a pretty boring blanket. I am modifying it, and I didn't think about the ruffled edge when I planned to do that. I just didn't like how it knitted up on size 11 needles, so I'm using 8's and 1 1/2 times the number of stitches. I should be able to figure it out, I just haven't done it yet.
I decided to knit my mom a Snatchel. She thinks I'm nuts. She works for the county, and spends part of her time working in their STD clinic. I thought it was hilarious and would be a great gift for the whole STD clinic. It's a quick knit, and it's a good diversion from the boring blanket. When I'm done with that, I might cast on the Presto Chango sweater. I need something to break up the monotony.

No comments: