Saturday, July 14, 2007

Late night

I haven't been sleeping well which bodes well for my knitting time. But I spend most of my daytime hours exhausted. And today my friend and her two girls came over. They stayed until 3, about 2 hours past Cee-Cee's normal nap time. I'm glad they were here and I love it when they come over, but she was so exhausted by the time they left. I had to wake her at 4:45 to go over to the Scout daycamp for their last "campfire" and dinner. I took myself a little catnap too and neither of us wanted to get up to go. I drug myself in though.
I finished the Saucy sock tonight. I had about 40 rows to finish (the toe) and then I Kitchenered up the toe. While I was at it I Kitchenered up the toe of the Ugly Campfire socks just to be done with them. Tomorrow will be an experiment in bleaching/dyeing to see if I can come up with a more tolerable and less frightening color. I hope it all works out. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
There is quite a split in this town over our pot smoking principal. It seems most are supportive of him keeping his job but fortunately I've discovered several other parents who have likeminds and don't want this man in charge of our children. One friend even plans to pull her child our of our grade school if he's still there in September. Twenty or so emails go through a day between PTA members. Whenever there's a voice of dissent, a fight starts. I usually hold my tongue but I've been speaking my mind. The supporters don't like this. They think we should accept the decision, what's done is done" and move on. I don't believe that this is the end if we don't let it be.

No comments: