Thursday, July 19, 2007

Eyelet Baby Blanket is WIP no more!


I finished it today. It was just a matter of buckling down and getting that last bit of ruffle done. Then I needed to stitch up the corners and weave in the remaining ends. Oh it feels so good to be done with this one. This yarn sheds like crazy. I think I'm going to have to wash it before sending it off to it's new owner. My black pants are a mess after knitting on it today.
I started on the Presto Chango today. I'm maybe 1/2 way up the flat part of the back, before I add the sleeves. I'm using a color called Cumin (of the same Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed cotton I made the blankie out of). It's really a deep mustard color and I'm not 100% sure I like it. Oh well, too late. It will also go to the same baby the blankie is for.
I knit a baby sock today too, for the cute little sock blocker keychain I got from The Loopy Ewe. It only took about an hour and it matches the Saucy Socks in Jackie O. I made for my mom. I'm going to give it to her on Saturday when she comes over.
I've been a bad girl in the past few days and made some yarn purchases. I noticed that A Swell Yarn Shop had in some Cowgirl yarn, so I had to order that. I also picked up a skein of Blue Moon, and I see now that both of those are sold out. I know her Cowgirl colorway is one of her most popular. I also ordered some stuff from KnitPicks this week and 2 books from Amazon. I just can't help myself.
I got my Lisa Souza Sock! yarn today. It's really squooshy. The hanks look huge, like I could make 2 pairs of socks from each one. Maybe it's just an illusion. The stuff sure is pretty though. I got Lime N Violet, and Violet's Pink Ribbon. If I like knitting with it I'll get more.
The Saucy socks have finally been photographed. I'm loving the sock blockers, they look so much nicer than they did before their bath and air dry on the blockers. I know my mom will love them and she better wear them lots or I'm never making her a pair of socks again!

No comments: