Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunday blues

I finished the first Saucy sock Friday night at like 11:30. I totally screwed up the kitchener toe, and found a stitch I had dropped a few rows back that I just had to knit in with the toe. Fortunately you really can't tell and it turned out pretty good. Mom came over this weekend and she tried the sock on before I started the second. It fits fine so I'll get it started soon. It's her fault I haven't started the second already, because she wanted me to finish the Clap first. I'm on the decrease rows right now, and I'm afraid I might run out of yarn. I bought 8 skeins of Patagonia Nature Cotton, which was the correct yardage, but I'm about 99% positive at this point I'm going to run out. If I order another skein from Little Knits (where I originally got it) I have to order a minimum of $25 and since I'm on a yarn diet I can't justify that. I may just have to spend more somewhere else to get it.
I haven't felt good all weekend so I haven't been able to accomplish much. I need to get on the ball and get something started for my swap pal. I'm thinking of making a little bag (the pattern says it only takes 3 hours to knit), and a pair of socks to put inside. I found a cute sock pattern today that I think I'm going to make. Now I just need to select the proper yarn from my stash. The problem is, I don't know if there's any of the yarn I want to give away.
I won the Fugly Friday contest so Sarah (the lady running the contest) is sending me some sock yarn. I love getting packages. Tomorrow I should get my secret pal package, and I have a few more packages coming this week. One from Blue Moon Fiber Arts, and one from WEBS. The WEBS one won't be here until Wednesday because of the holiday. Bummer, because it has the Blue Skys Alpacas yarn I need to make a baby gift for my friend. She's being induced on Tuesday so I guess it'll be a little late.
I got my new needles from KP on Saturday. I love their needles and can't wait to knit some more socks with them. I think I prefer them to the Addi turbos, and they are half the price. I also got all the Yarn Harlot books, but haven't even started the first one. As I said, I felt crappy all weekend and that kept me from doing much. Mom and I did make a trip to The Knitting Bee on Saturday and I got some more Brittany cable needles and a set of #4 sock DPN's. It's the 3rd set of #4's I've gotten. Somehow they always seem to get broken.

No comments: