Saturday, July 14, 2007

Very weird day

It started off with me throwing up. Then I spent the day trying to regulate my blood sugar. I'm not diabetic, and I've never been diagnosed with hypoglycemia, but I do know I have bouts of low blood sugar. Well today was just awful. I am needing to eat every few hours today just to not get sick. I'm exhausted because I only got a few hours sleep last night. I couldn't sleep this afternoon (when I should have) because of the blood sugar problems. I ended up going to the store to get a bunch of easy sugar sources in case it keeps happening. If I feel yucky again tomorrow I'm going to make a doctor's appointment Monday.
I finished the body of the Eyelet Baby Blanket today. I am now working on the ruffle. I got one of the four sides done. The ruffle really sucks, because you get up to over 200 stitches. It took forever to cast that many off. When I was done with the first side, I put down the blankie for a while and finished my second Baglove bag. I need to get into town to try to find some yarn for the handle. I'm thinking some cashmere would be nice. I don't need very much.
I was going to take pictures today but I didn't get around to it. Besides, I have some sock blockers coming from The Loopy Ewe and the socks will look much better photographed on them.
I tried bleaching the Ugly Campfire socks today and while a lot of color bled out of them, they still are ugly as sin. I'm kind of in a quandry at this point. I might just dye them brown and give them to DH (if they fit). I can whip up a pair of short socks for my swap pal. I might make the Horcrux socks since they are short.
I want to make 1 or more knit amigurumi dolls for my friend's daughter. Her daughter was due the same month as mine was, only she came at about 34 weeks. T has had a very rough life which has included meningitis and a basically dismal prognosis, major recovery that the doctors said she'd never have, seizures, and now Glycogen Storage disease. My friend S gets up with her at night like she would a newborn to get her to drink glucerna to stabilize her blood sugar. Anyway, T is going to have a hospital admission next month for tests and I want to make something for her to take along. I asked S what her favorite animal is and so she showed her an animal book. She said T kept pointing to the camels, but she likes frogs too. Well, those are basically the only two I can't find a pattern for. So I IM'ed her with a bunch of other choices and I want to get that started ASAP. If I don't I'll never get them done because of my disdain for seaming.
I need to start the Presto Chango too. But I think I want to finish the Eyelet Baby Blanket first.
I am a volunteer editor on Ravelry for Katsara Yarns, Skacel Yarns, King Tut Yarns, and The Garter Belt patterns. I spend a lot of time today doing my editing job on those. It's kind of fun to research the different yarns and patterns. Plus I like feeling needed.

No comments: