Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lost!

The cylinder to my yarn ball winder is lost. Who knows where it is. We turned the house upside down looking for it, but the kids have lost it (or DH threw it away accidentally). Either way, I was going to wind yarn tonight and now I can't.
Another thing that's lost...the pattern to my custom baby blanket. I decided to just rip it out and make a blankie that I can knit using double stranded yarn. But I need the winder to rip all the yarn out so I can make it all neat. So I didn't do that.
Then I wanted to start making the Piggy to send to T, to take with her to the hospital next month. Can't do that either as the yarn is in a hank and I'm not going to wind it all manually or my arms will fall off.
So I knit a very small amount on the first of the Horcrux socks (I'm working on the 2nd of the 15 rounds of K3 P2 ribbing). I spent most of my spare time entering patterns from "Dream Toys" into Ravelry. Tomorrow I have some more books coming (3 I think) and 2 more on Friday. I know that Casey isn't hip on adding patterns without projects but once I get all the patterns from these books in I won't have to do much editing, just a little cleaning up here and there. And the Dream Toys patterns are so cute I just might make some to fill in the pictures. I'll probably do the mermaid or the princess first. Probably the mermaid...
I feel like crap today. We had to get up early to go 100 miles (round trip) to take Garrett to the doctor. Then I had a doctors appointment here in town this afternoon. She's changing my meds some in hopes of better pain control and better sleep. Plus my blood pressure was up so she started me on another med for that. Unfortunately, it's the one I refused to take last year because it made me gain a bunch of weight. We'll see this time. But if it does, she'll have to find something else again. I was trying to remember the name of the medicine at her office but I couldn't remember it. It figures it's the same one.
I'm tired, and going to bed. I'll try to photo the new stash additions and latest projects tomorrow.

No comments: