Monday, July 16, 2007

My sock blockers came


My sock blockers showed up today. I didn't expect them for a few more days so it was a nice surprise. I immediately washed the Saucy socks and put them on the blockers to dry. They are still sitting there drying so hopefully tomorrow I can get a good picture.
I didn't get a lot of knitting done. First thing this AM Nana (who turns 7 tomorrow) was goofing around and fell and hit his mouth on his desk. He was screaming his head off, so I went running. Blood was just pouring from his mouth and when he saw that he freaked out even more. After we had a little freak out time, he settled down and I could see he had a pretty nasty cut on his lip, as well as a scrape across his face. I was lucky that I had 1 use left in my Band-Aid glue (or Elmer's People Glue as we like to call it) and I glued it back together, saving us a trip to the Emergency Room. I don't know that our little clinic could handle sutures.
Then Cee-Cee only took a very short nap, so consequently was crabby. The two of then got all riled up this afternoon and Nana's lip got busted open again. Well, our crappy little store didn't have any, so we made the 45 minute trek into town to have dinner and get more. We ran into our friends at the grocery store and even though we can see them anytime (they live right here in our town) we chatted for a long time. We got our Elmer's People Glue (along with about $50 worth of other stuff we didn't need that bad) and got on our way home.
Cee-Cee managed to stay dry the entire trip, but I'd put her in a pull-up because I wasn't confident that she would. She had a bad potty morning, peed her panties several times. We're making good progress and so I'm not too upset. It just drives me crazy that every time she goes potty she wants to change her panties. We only have so many pairs, and if she changes them when she's dry we don't have enough for when she's wet. And we have a pretty darn good supply!
Here's a picture of my sweet Nana (boo boo and all) who will be 7 tomorrow. Nana is what little Miss Cee-Cee used to call him, and my favorite nickname for him, along with Poodle. He'll always be my little Poodle boy.

No comments: