Thursday, July 5, 2007

Holy Grail

I got 5, yes count them, 5 packages today. Holy Cow! I couldn't even wait to open them until we were home from the store. I was ripping them open right there at the mailbox while the kids were droning on about how hungry they were. Who cares, I needed to see my yarn!
The first package was from Little Knits. In this package was the last skein of Araucania Nature Cotton I needed to finish The Clap. Since they have a $25 minimum, I also got 1 skein of Austermann Step in Boysenberry, and 2 skeins of Skacel Trampoline Stretch in Tiger. Brendyn loves the Tiger and so I think I'll make the boys each a pair of ankle socks with it. It is fun yarn.
The second package was from an Etsy shop called 3 Owls Knitting. It was a set of DPN protectors with sheep on them. I can't wait to use them, and they are adorable.
The 3rd package was from my swap pal from Knittinghelp.com. The package included 2 skeins of Tahki Cotton Classic in 2 colors of blue, a skein of denim rope yarn (the brand name escapes me right now and it's in the other room) a ball of Sugar and Cream yarn (yeah for dishcloths!), a cute little silver angel, and some coffee. Yummy.
The 4th package was my prize for winning Sarah's Fugly Friday contest. It was a skein of Trekking sock yarn, along with a great gift of Fun Fur. Just was every girl needs.
The last package came from the UPS man, and it was from WEBS. The box contained 9 skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton. Six are in the color "aloe", and 3 are "cumin". Wow, the colors are amazing. I was able to snap a quick pic of these tonight before I wound them into balls to begin my project. I'm going to use the aloe to make an Eyelet Baby Blanket, and the cumin will make a Presto Chango and some baby socks or booties for my friend M. who had her second baby boy on Tuesday.


I finished the never ending Clap today, thank freaking God. Turns out, while doing the decrease rows, for about 6 rounds, I forgot to drop the stitch on the left hand side of the work. I was so damn mad. There was NO WAY I was going to unravel all those rows, so I took some liberties and just cut the top stitch to make them drop. Each row has a little knot tied in it at this place, but I think I can expertly weave them in and nobody will be the wiser. Except me of course. But the sucker is done, except for weaving and cutting ends. It weighs about a hundred pounds. I wrapped it around me wondering if my mom was going to be able to stand up if she was wearing it. But it's probably best not to try on a heavy shawl on a 90 degree day.
I also started the second ugly Campfire sock for my swap pal. I'm thinking of trying to bleach them to soften the color some. We'll see when I'm done with both. I finished the first late last night.
Tomorrow my new IPOD should get here. It's coming via FedEx, which means I'll get it in the morning. UPS always comes late in the afternoon and when I know I'm getting a package I wait in anticipation all day long. Then he usually shows up while Cee-Cee is sleeping, and the dog goes nuts barking at him. She (the dog) likes the FedEx lady though, because she brings dog biscuits.

No comments: